Banking & Finance
Whitaker Chalk banking and finance attorneys have been serving the needs of banks and financial institutions for many years, and our clients include national, regional and community-based institutions. We also provide assistance to individuals and businesses in the negotiation of loan facilities and financing.
We provide the following services:
- Structuring and documenting loan transactions of all types, whether commercial, consumer, or real estate
- Structuring and documenting factoring and asset based financing transactions
- Aggressively pursuing the financier’s rights of recovery, including workouts, real estate and personal property foreclosures, bankruptcy, and collection suits
- Defense of lenders and other financial institutions in lender liability claims, employment litigation, and business litigation
- Navigating bankruptcy issues including everything from filing proofs of claims and motions to lift the automatic stay to structuring debtor-in-possession financing, negotiating Bankruptcy Code Section 363 sales, and litigating cash collateral orders.
Our attorneys are also involved with the Texas Association of Bank Counsel, with some currently serving on the group’s Board of Directors. In addition, we are involved with the International Factoring Association, having presented a number of speeches and written articles in the association’s magazine and appearing on the association’s recommended attorney list.